Okay, so I’ve been tagged by both One More Writer and Craver so I guess I will play the 8 Random Facts Game too. Who makes these games up, anyway? And, even though I was technically tagged twice, I’m just going to put up 8 facts…you don’t really want to read 16 facts about me anyway!
Here are the rules (per Rule #1):
1. Post the rules of the game. (Check)
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My 8 Random facts:
1) I was born in Honolulu. You’d be surprised to know how many people respond to that statement with, “Oh, so how long have you lived in the United States?” I mean, come on. Hawaii joined the Union back in 1959. No wonder TV shows like “Are you smarter than a 5th grader” have a contestant base.
2) I spent my junior year of college in Madrid, Spain. I think that experience is what instilled in me a love for other cultures and places. Since then, I have been to seventeen countries on four continents.
3) I once found a body on the side of the road. A friend and I were driving home from a neighboring city, and we saw a body lying on the side of a side road, just off the freeway we had exited. We called 911 to report it and waited for help to arrive. No other cars were in sight and the stretch of road we were on was slightly dark. Gangs in the area had been known to act hurt on the side of the road and then jump unsuspecting people who stopped to help, so we didn’t get out of the car. Turns out, it was a diabetic woman who had gone into insulin shock. Fortunately, the next car who stopped was an RN and some additional people helped as well.
4) I’m a list maker. I’ve been known to write on my list “Find other list”
5) I’m an only child. That explains a lot, huh?
6) I majored in Economics and Spanish in undergrad, and went to work to do something completely different. At least my Master’s is compatible with my previous occupation – but that may be because the company paid for it…
7) I love salty things. I salt pizza, pickles and salsa (but not watermelon!).
8) I’ve never broken a limb.
Okay, that’s #2 and #3 – check
#4 – 8 people to tag…well, how about Gusenga, Trent, and Steph so that maybe they’ll actually go update their blogs. Let’s see, 5 left…(Craver, you had to be such an overachiever and name more than 8 people!) BJ, Madison, Katie, Sarah and Jeanne
#5 – Okay, off to leave comments and then turn in.