Okay, I was tagged by Mick Silva with the whole 8 Random Facts game, and I’ve wracked my brain trying to come up with some creative twist on it like LL or Charity. But, alas, my creativity fails me (and yet I still feel compelled to comply with the tag.) So here I go…again.
1) Piano at 4. I started taking piano lessons at age four and continued through fall semester of my freshman year of college. Well, that’s not entirely true. For three years, I accompanied our church choir instead of lessons because my piano teacher told me she had taught me all she could.
2) Addicted. To ice cream in a tortilla, that is. Don’t ask what compelled me to do it the first time, but I love it. I use less ice cream than I would if I were putting it into a bowl, and I can walk around the house doing other things while I eat it.
3) Stitches. When I was in sixth grade, I was in a biking accident that required three layers of eight stitches each. My mom nearly fainted while the doctor administered the shot into my knee, and I had to hold the nurse’s hand for moral support.
4) Anti-shot. I hate shots and needles. It’s probably because of what happened in #3, when I was left to face an excruciatingly painful needle by myself while my mother hung her head between her knees in the corner (can you tell I’m still bitter about that?). To this day, I can’t even sit with a friend who is giving blood, and I have to have at least a day’s worth of time to mentally prepare myself before getting a shot. It’s a wonder I made it through childbirth.
5) Espresso. My husband bought me an espresso machine for our anniversary, and it’s the best present he’s ever given me. I have espresso nearly every morning, and it’s way better than Starbucks.
6) No mowing. I’ve never mowed a lawn before. Not one blade of grass. I’ve never even started a lawn mower. And I’m okay with that.
7) Pictures. I’m an amateur photographer, as you probably already noticed. I decided when we moved into our home that I would not buy any pictures to hang on our walls. Any art displayed in our house is a picture that someone in our home has taken, with the exception of a print of one painting that I loved from a museum in Boston and some family pictures we had someone else take.
8) Almost 30. Yup, the big milestone is just around the corner. I practically have one foot in the grave…
Okay, since I recently tagged other people with this one, I’m going to be rebellious and ignore the rest of the rules.
And if you didn’t notice, in a spurt of creativity, I at least made each fact 8 letters long.