Well, I took the plunge today; I bought cloth diapers. I figure, why wait? Might as well start now with my daughter rather than just wait until the next one. My husband is a little nervous about it, but I am WAY excited to try them.
Among the other things I’ve started are the following, some of which I might have already mentioned:
- Joined a food co-op. First pick up is next week, so I’ll have more thoughts about it then.
- Probably going to start grinding my own grain.
- Making my own bread once a week. Made tortillas tonight and they were great!
- We finished our month of not spending, but we’ve decided to at least continue with limiting going out to eat. We’re trying to really make it a special treat (and I think it’s working!)
- Using cloth napkins and dishrags rather than paper products. We opened a roll of paper towels over a week ago and aren’t even half way through it.
It’s kind of fun going green!
Photo: Fuzzy green plant, Mount Hermon, CA (2007)