Here are a few more phrases from my 2.5-year-old that I want to jot down for posterity:
- after farting, while still giggling: Mommy, I made a joke with my bummer! (bummer = bottom)
- Mommy, please take away my tears so I can be happy again.
- Can I go in the front backyard with my bare feet?
- to my in-laws, every time we leave their house: See you later, Big Boy! Bye, Big Girl! (I have no idea where that one comes from)
- as we were leaving the church service right before praying (she refused to go to her class that morning), I whispered to her, “Let’s go to the lobby.” She replied loudly: Oh! We’re going to Hobby Lobby?
And last, but not least:
- Mommy, girls talk a lot!