Some days I click my blog stats over and over to see how many people have visited. As if anyone new is visiting my blog at 2am or within the last 30 seconds that elapsed since I last checked. I’m pathetic that way. I seek comfort and validation in the numbers because when it comes to blogging, sometimes I don’t know where else to find it. (I already determined number of visits was a much more fulfilling number than number of comments!)
So when two people in one week say amazingly kind and encouraging words about my blog, I’m overwhelmed and utterly flattered. And almost ashamed of my number dependencies.
Yikes! I’m not sure I really do all that well in those areas; I feel like I talk more about my struggle with them. But I appreciate the encouragement, Dan, and I will press on! As requested, I will also pass along the award to a couple people that come to mind.
- Kellie over at La Vida Dulce – Kellie, I’m bestowing this award on you because you’re an amazing gal AND because of your diligence to post on those True-isms.
- Ben at One Glory – Ben, I’m including you because your pursuit of God through his Word encourages me to dig deeper. Thanks for sharing your insight both in writing and speaking.
- Genny at MyCup2Yours – Genny, we’re new blogging friends, but I love the insight and wisdom you share from your every day events (like laundry and flying stuffed animals).
Wear your badge proudly on your blogs, friends! And if you want to pass it along, please do.
Secondly, Tanya Dennis tagged me in a meme in which you tag bloggers who make your day, make you laugh and smile, and/or leave uplifting comments on your blog. As Tanya mentions, we do have a lot in common but she is definitely wrong in that I am not more intellectual than she is! Another way in which we are similar is that we read a crazy, over-the-top number of blogs. So here are just a couple I will point your way.
- Bluebonnet in the Snow – She is so faithful to leave me comments, and they are always encouraging! I appreciate the insight she shares on her blog.
- LL Barkat – LL is the queen of leaving uplifting and insightful comments. I also really enjoy her sense of humor.
- Llama Momma – Llama Momma has been a bloggy friend since the beginning of my little blogging life. She makes me laugh, oh, she makes me laugh! And she also has wonderful insights to share.
Consider yourselves tagged. LL, I’m anxiously awaiting how you will put your own spin on this one, since there’s really only one rule to break! 🙂
For those of you I did not name, please do not take it personally. I love all the blogs I read – or else I wouldn’t be subscribing to you!
If anyone else wants to share in the comments blogs that fit either of these categories, I’d love to hear about them (not that I really need to add anything else into Google Reader).